Practical resources for Speech and Language Therapy
I love using books in therapy sessions with my clients and I’m sure you do too. Using books provides an endless array of content on which to build your therapy. Having a structure on which to build this therapy makes your life easier.
That is why we have developed our Blanks Questions series.
Marion Blank devised a four level system of questioning for oral language development aimed at children in the early years. She acknowledged the importance of keeping questions within a child’s level of understanding so that while they can be challenged they are not overwhelmed.
Blank’s questions are a list of different types of questions, from easy to more difficult, which help children’s learning by encouraging them to:
- Observe and discuss objects and events that go on in the world around them
- Classify and categorise objects or events (e.g. banana/apple/pear = fruit)
- Think about and talk about why events happened
- Problem solve difficult situations and possible solutions
- Make deductions or inferences
At Speech Concepts we are always working to create new resources and materials. Be sure to check out our store to find other tools to use and Like us on Facebook to stay in touch and hear about our new releases.
Key Words: Blanks Questions, Wh questions language, speech therapy homework, speech homework, interactive, book companion, books